Interface Tool Maintenance
Prior to June 2021 deleting an interface was only capable via a manual purge from the command line. Migrating an interface from one server to another was difficult and required hand-editing files. Interface kits built 6/11/2021 or later have new functionality detailed below.
The “Delete” button in the Interface Tool now functions as expected. If a user chooses to delete an interface from within the Interface Manager GUI, a backup of the interface is made automatically in case it needs to be later restored. In addition to the delete functionality, there are new utilities available via the int_manager.sh command line script.
There are three new commands that can be passed to int_manager.sh:
- backup <interface-id>
- This command backups all tables associated with an interface. The internal tables are exported to “.csv” files. A directory is automatically created in “/u/interface/backups/<interface-dir>-<date-timestamp>”
- /u/interface/bin/int_manager.sh backup 1
- If the directory for interface id 1 is “scs”, an example generated backup directory would be: “/u/interface/backups/scs-20210611102219645”.
- delete <interface-id>
- This command will purge all tables associated with an interface as well as the directory used by the interface.
- /u/interface/bin/int_manager.sh delete 1
- This command will purge the interface using id 1.
- restore <backup-directory> <interface-id>
- This command will restore an interface, either creating a new interface record if the interface id specified does not exist, or it will overwrite the configuration of an existing interface. If the interface id specified already exists, it will be backed up first in case the wrong id was accidentally specified.
- /u/interface/bin/int_manager.sh restore /u/interface/backups/scs-20210611102219645 2
- This command would restore the backup in /u/interface/backups/scs-20210611102219645 using interface id 2.
- Interfaces can only be restored from the command line currently. Eventually restore functionality may be added into the Interface Manager GUI.
- The location of a restore directory does not matter. It does not need to be in /u/interface/backups.
- Moving an interface to a new server is now fairly trivial. Run the backup command on one server, copy the backup directory to the new server, and then run the restore command.