- Added GAM “L” Subdiscrepancy Codes, to help explain why a GAM ad had no impressions during the Period:
m = GAM Line Item is apparently [m]issing, so perhaps cross-sold, or not really a GAM ad?
a = [a]rchived in GAM, so perhaps killed?
c = Needs GAM [c]reatives
d = Still [d]raft in GAM
n = GAM Creatives are all I[n]active
l = GAM Creatives were ready [l]ate
- Added “R” Discrepancy Code—digital ad has a different online date [R]ange than ordered—to flag not only CPD number-of-days mismatches (billed 7 days, but ran only 5 days, for example), but also possible cases where an ad ran before a promotion it was advertising began, or (more likely) an ad ran after a sale it was advertising ended—any of which an advertiser might be unhappy about. PCAB considers this only a Minor (yellow) Discrepancy, however, because not all ads advertise something time-sensitive, plus when a much-more-common CPM ad fails to reach its impressions goal, it is common practice to extend its online run a few days more than originally ordered. Like all Discrepancy Codes, “R” can be completely disabled if desired.
- Added Digital Ads list Additional Columns: order Website (to sort and see all the Site‘s ads for Lee‘s Feast and Field website, or for Lee-BH-ALA‘s “eufaulatribune.com,” for example), order Where, GAM cost type (to sort and see all the Site‘s CPD ads, for example), GAM lifetime impressions (“Imps LT”), and GAM impressions goal (“Imps Goal”).
- Added digital Item Info dialog fields: order Website; order Start/End, number of days, and status (Running/Completed); order Where; GAM Line Item ID; GAM Start/End (adjusted from GAM‘s to the Site‘s time zone, to make comparisons clearer), number of days, and status; GAM cost type; GAM Priority description (Sponsorship, Standard, Standby, or House) and number; GAM lifetime impressions; GAM impressions goal; and GAM lifetime impressions percentage.
- Added digital report Additional Fields: order Website, order Where, GAM cost type (“C Type”), GAM lifetime impressions (“Imps LT”), and GAM impressions goal (“Imps Goal”).
- Added digital Period Info dialog:
Days / Ads
Major Dis (Red) / Minor Dis (Yellow) / OK (Green)—# and %
Paid / Unpaid (House)—# and %
CPM / CPD / Other / Unknown—# and %
Min / Max / Avg Imps Goal
- Added digital View Item toolbar icon. Viewing a digital ad in PCAB does not count as an impression.
- Made “<” (fewer impressions than expected) Discrepancy Code a little smarter, by also detecting cases where a digital ad ended at less than X% of its impressions goal—which Traffickers might be expected to prevent, by proactively extending the ad‘s run if needed, yet it still happens sometimes, so perhaps a Billing Adjustment might be in order?
- Made “<” (fewer impressions than expected) Discrepancy Code a little smarter, by omitting ads with House Priority, that ended on the first day of the Period being checked, or that started on the last day of the Period being checked.
- Added “<” % and “<” # Threshold preferences, defaulting to 75 and 100, respectively.
- Added digital Merges, for Lee BH digital Feast and Field.
- Increased maximum length of Advertiser Name (“Adv”), Description (“Desc”), and Note.
- Made long Notes wrap to multiple lines on reports.
- Changed PCAB-assigned “GAM001,” “GAM002,” etc. IDs (restarting with “GAM001” each Period) for Line Item Names without a Lee Ad Key to “GAM” plus the last four digits of GAM‘s Line Item ID, preventing their Notes from inappropriately carrying over to different Line Items in different Periods. “GAMXXXX” is used instead of full GAM Line Item ID not only to make clear that this is not an order entry ID and that the item originated in GAM, but also to keep IDs short (GAM Line Item IDs are currently 10 digits, and will likely be longer someday).
- Fixed issue where digital Item Info dialog showed the same Line Item for unordered Line Items with the same PCAB ID.
- Showed longer paginated filler (“PFILLER”) file names in All Items list.
- Added paginated file (“File (P)”) field to Item Info dialog, to help explain “I” (suspect image) Discrepancies.
- Fixed issues where PCAB didn‘t show House Obit / “HO”—just Obit / “O”—for a funerals list, for example; and where Digital Ads list “Type” Additional Column didn't show “HD” (House Digital)—just “D” (Digital).
- Fixed issue where PCAB might show outdated information—for example, a typo in an Advertiser Name that was later corrected—for digital ads, if it changed during the ad’s run schedule.
- Made “Error making Google ‘Ad Manager’ report” alert more helpful:
Error making Google “Ad Manager” report!
Google “Ad Manager” may be experiencing a temporary problem.
Try again later, or check the “Google Ads Status Dashboard”:
- Truncated Advertiser Name and Description on reports to 40 characters, for better report balance.
- Stripped BH Ad Manifest element (“keywords,” “section,” possibly more) values that are sometimes strangely just a linefeed, and that confusingly displayed as “?” in PCAB dialogs and lists.
- Clarified various digital Discrepancy Code meanings.
- Added background shading to Item Info > Discrepancies list.
- Disabled various toolbar icons, etc. when the Product/Period has no items.
- Increased various Threshold preference maximums, most notably for obits, which often have photos and logos that text wraps around, introducing fairly large Height Discrepancies.
Article is closed for comments.