June 8, 2018
- The AdLauncher now attempts to identify unused files for an ad and allows the user to cleanup and delete those files before check-in. There is an option to turn this on in Ad Inquiry settings. Currently this functionality is only available on a Mac and will only work if using the Collect, Save, Export, Close script.
The XAT Mac now supports the AdLauncher cleanup described above. A few other improvements have been made as well:
- Added a check to catch failures regarding links so that the Mac will not hang and stop processing when it hits this case.
- If it attempts to create final output for a blank document (InDesign only) it will treat that as an error case and will apply the post error command.
- When processing a Photoshop document with a size outside acceptable parameters, the process fails gracefully.
- The error -1712 (timeout error) has been addressed. Timeout has been increased to 5 minutes and if it does timeout it fails gracefully applying the post error command.
- More verbose logging has been added to the script to make it easier to track down issues.
- There is now a default salesperson set on each account based off existing ads. The salesperson may be set on an account allowing salespeople to see not only ads specific to them but all ads with their customer account. Bulk changes can be performed for the salesperson on and advertiser account. Access to this functionality is controlled by a security group.
There is now the ability to override deadlines. Access to this functionality is controlled by a security group. This utility allows creation of deadlines for a specific product and date using an intuitive interface. The ability to create holidays in a site-maintainable table has been added and these holidays are now handled in the deadline calculations. This adds a new option for -noholidays and -skipholidays to the deadline configuration tables.
Several minor improvements have been made to the mark-up page:
- The X to delete and the arrow to resize the mark-up notes no longer scale with the rest of the image. This behavior would cause the X or arrow to be scaled to such a small size in certain cases that they could not be used.
- Added zoom in and zoom out icons to the left of the image for proofing. All other resizing options still work as they did before.
- Notes modified in size by dragging the resize tool to the left of the left most edge of the note would cause those notes to not be editable. The minimum note size is now honored during resize.
- The auto-scroll that re-positions the page during mark-up when a note is added or selected only happens the first time that note is created. Otherwise it would re-position every time the user scrolled the page making it impossible in certain cases to see what was highlighted by the mark-up.
Cleaned up and improved several of the billing and on-deadline reports. These are specific to Times-Shamrock.
Transfer methods are no longer part of the delivery methods table but instead are part of their own table. This separation makes setup and maintenance much easier.
There was an issue launching ads that were greater than 13.88” in height. Ads greater than that size would have the width shifted by 10, so a 5” wide ad would become a 50” wide ad. This is now resolved. Issue reported by The Courier (Findlay, OH). Windows only.
The salesperson column can be sorted by clicking on the header in both Ad Inquiry and Ad Submit. Issue reported by Express-New (Trinidad, Port of Spain).
Doing a check-in now captures the number of frames in an animated GIF and makes it available through SCS/Track (CAS). Previously checking in an animated GIF did not properly set the number of frames. Issue reported by Times-Shamrock.
The pickup dialog in Ad Inquiry and Ad Info now properly preserves the status of the checkboxes. Changing pages and navigating the table would cause the checkbox values to become lost. Issue reported by The Columbian (Vancouver, WA).