JSON product templates
- Improved support for pages with multiple spot colors.
- Editorial blocks that are assigned to a page but not positioned on that page are better handled.
- We create default records for page messages and news reservations, as required.
- Fixed a bug that deleted an old .tdb file.
- When an old template's Newshole division refers to a section or group that no longer exists, that was considered a fatal error. We have downgraded that to a warning. Additionally, the warning message includes the missing group's ordinal, to help us verify that the warning is harmless. This saved time at a newspaper group.
- ILP logs more of its error messages to the "convert_templates.log" file.
- The "New Product" button no longer triggers the following error message: "uninitialized variable - lTemplateNameRow.FileName".
Design & Dummy area
- If an SCS XML file contains a <material_id> tag, Layout-8000 will use that material ID to show an ad image.
- When Layout-8000 emails a PDF file, the file name may be longer than 43 characters.
- When Layout-8000 emails a PDF file that is based on an edition name that contains an ampersand (&), e.g. "Home & Garden", the "&" is replaced with a "+". That conveys a similar intent and avoids problems that "&" cause.
- If you maintain a spreadsheet of house ads, you can upload that directly to StandbyAdBoss. This may save you time. It is part of our ongoing Busy Work Reduction (BWR) project.
- Added the following columns.
- weekday name, e.g. Monday
- weekday codes, e.g. M, Mo, and Mon
- site code, e.g. "NAS"
- site name, e.g. "Nashville"
- % news
- Weekday can be used to identify trends. For example, study page counts for Sunday newspapers.
- Newspapers groups requested the ability to filter by site code.
- Combined paper and edition into one column that we call "product". That makes it much easier to select a product in Zoho Reports.
- The following columns changed from fixed-length to variable-length strings. paper_name, edition_name, site_name, weekday_name. Studying customer data led SCS to see that those names were unnecessarily blank-padded.