* ClassPag has a new command for identifying ads with postscript errors. On a page that has postscript errors, use F12 -> Ads -> Scan ads on page. If ClassPag finds an ad that gives postscript errors, it will show a dialog with the ad number, and when you close the dialog, it will take you to the ad. The command views the current page with the Spread "Add PS Comments" option enabled and then inspects the output. It processes the entire page and can localize errors in folios and templates. The command does not require creating a special Spread that enables comments, and it is faster and easier than viewing ads individually.
* ClassPag has a new command for modifying line ads created by the mapclass interface and for creating new line ads. To modify an ad, select the ad in the page preview and use "F12 -> Ads -> Edit the ad with interface"/"F12 -> Avisos -> Editar aviso con interfaz".
This will open the mapclass interface on the selected ad. If the import command of the product uses mapclass, this will use the same options, otherwise it will use the "ent" option.
You can use <enter> or "F12 -> Edit text" to modify the text of the ad. When you close the ad list, the interface will create a new EPS for the ad that will replace the old EPS. ClassPag will automatically resize the ad.
To create a new line ad, first create an ad inside ClassPag with "F12 -> Ads -> Create an ad". The depth can be approximate because ClassPag will update it later. After you have created the ad, you can use "F12 -> Ads -> Edit the ad with interface" to add text.
You can create multi-column ads by setting the column measure in Composition. For example, if you start the ad with <cc 4c>, the ad will be four columns wide. You can also create display ads with text.
If you run this command to modify an ad that was not created by the mapclass interface, ClassPag will not have the text of the ad, and the text form will start empty.
The older command to edit the ads in the interface and generate new interface files is now called "F12 -> Ads -> Edit ads with interface"/"F12 -> Avisos -> Editar avisos con interfaz". This command rebuilds the sort and eps files and then imports the new files. Use this older command only for products that use the mapclass interface when you want to rebuild a number of ads. Use the new command for any interface to create new line ads.
* The class nesting list has a new command "Merge with"/"Combinar con" to copy the entries of one class nesting into another nesting. First highlight the source list, then use F12 -> "Merge with", and then select the target list to modify. The merge dialog gives the option to skip or update duplicate classes. This can be useful when applying a change to a set of nestings.
* Improved the automatic wrapping of PDF ads. ClassPag now wraps some PDF ads that it could not wrap before.
* Improved support for binary PostScript fonts in PFB format. When ClassPag embeds fonts, if a font is in PFB format, ClassPag converts the font to PFA and embeds the PFA. This should simplify the maintenance of fonts for display ads. ClassPag caches the PFA in /u/cpag/root/cache so it can reuse the converted font in future sessions. To enable this feature, you must install t1ascii, part of the t1utils package. In RHEL/CentOS, t1utils is in the epel repository, so you might need to run
yum --enablerepo=epel install t1utils
* Fixed a bad access during the look-ahead in classes with all segmented ads.
--- Screen captures ---
Example ad with postscript errors detected by F12 -> Ads -> Scan ads on page
The new Merge option under F12 -> Ads -> Modify Classifications -> F12 -> VIew Class Nestings
Procedure to create a new line ad using the interface procedure. First, create a line ad using F12 -> Ads -> Create an ad
When you save the form, ClassPag will repaginate with the ad flowed in classification.
To add text to the ad, select the ad and use F12 -> Ads -> Edit the ad with interface. ClassPag will ask if you are sure, and then it will open the interface. Select the ad (if it is not already highlighted), and press <enter> to start entering text.
The screen has buttons at the bottom for viewing and saving the ad.
When you return to the pagination screen, ClassPag will rebuild the ad to the new size. If you changed the size of the ad, you might need to reflow the ads for the change to take effect.
You can view the page to see the new text in the ad.