Design & Dummy area
- In the ad list, the "Group Req", "Group Alt" and "Group Alt2" columns show the requested group, even when the group is not used and has no pages assigned to it. This is consistent with the ad list's Request column and previous versions of the ad list.
- Improved automatic placement of ads (auto-dummy) as follows.
- A warning appears if there is a double-truck ad to place but no double-truck pages in one or more of the zones for that ad. Layout-8000 (auto-dummy) now correctly leaves the ad unplaced unless there are double-truck pages in every zone of the ad.
- The reason report showed "Page is not in zone 1" as a reason why an ad could not be placed on a page. The page in question was a common page, and the ad was zoned. The message was confusing, because the page was a common page and so is in zone 1. To reduce confusion, the reason report never reports a mismatch between the zone of the insertion and the zone of the page. Instead, it lists each zone in which it tries to place an ad separately in the reason list, showing the zone in each row of the list. Since we are showing the zone, the reason report no longer needs to explain why an insertion for a zone could not be placed on pages that are not in that zone.
For example, suppose that a newspaper has three zones, there is just one zoned page in all three zones, and auto-dummy is trying to place an ad that requests zones 1 and 2. If the newspaper has 24 pages, the reason list used to show all 24 pages. For the zoned page, it would show some reason such as "the page is full." For all of the 23 non-zoned pages, it would show "Page is common; ad is zoned." Now the reason list shows the results for zone 1 first. It shows only the zoned page with "the page is full" as the reason; it does not show the other 23 pages. Then it shows the results for zone 2, showing only the zoned page and not the other 23 pages.
- For some ads, the Request line on the reason report said "All Pages" and then showed no pages that it tried. This was a bug. The ad in this case was a non-color ad. As a result of a recent change, for a non-color ad, auto-dummy first tries non-color pages. Then, depending on a global layout setting, it might try spot-color and full-color pages. In this case, the setting for trying all three kinds of pages was in effect. The code that writes the Request line correctly said that this means that "All Pages" were candidates for the ad. But this information was not transmitted correctly to the auto-dummy code. So the auto-dummy code tried only non-color pages. Since the product had all color pages, auto-dummy tried 0 pages. This is fixed. Now auto-dummy tries all pages, first non-color, then spot-color, then full-color. In this case, the ad was placed on a full-color page, so there was no reason report. If the ad could not have been placed on any page, the reason report would have shown all of the pages (in the request) and why the ad could not be placed on each of them.
Send to Pagination
- When "Send to Pagination" is configured to use the CCI XML interface, and someone sent a brand new product to CCI from within the Design & Dummy area, a message popped up: "pagemap2 table is empty." To prevent this issue, "Send to Pagination" populates the pagemap2 table.
- Restored a "Custom Fields" menu entry on the "Maintenance" menu. This menu entry allows administrators to select custom fields for the Design & Dummy area's ad list.
- The export and import features have become more consistent in how they represent ordinals. In exported CSV files, ordinals are consistent with what appears on screen when the interface type is set to trans.dat.
- Database Ranges prevents a user from manually entering group ordinal 01 in trans.dat interfaces. The import feature similarly forbids entry of group ordinal 01.
- Corrected default colors. On a brand new server, the first three colors are (1) FULL, (2) BW and (3) X.