- The Products page which is new to version 15 has been translated to Spanish. This is the first thing that people see when they run Layout-8000.
- Fixed bugs in the "New Session for Product" button. At the start of a Layout session, an error message indicated that mProductListNumberOfDays was uninitialized. The product was successfully created and selected, but in the same session instead of a new session. Both bugs are fixed.
- On the "Maintenance" menu under "Import Interfaces", the "Interface Tool" was added to the list of site-specific menu entries. An administrator may indicate if people use the Interface Tool through "Manage Custom Entries."
Design & Dummy area
- Two actions allow you to arrange ads on a page to fit the page's dummying style. They are "Redummy" and "Reshape". Both actions are available on the pop-up menu for a page. The "Reshape" feature is new. Read the attached document to learn more about these features.
- Improved automatic placement of color ads.
- Improved automatic placement of ads that exclude a group.
- Improved automatic placement of ads that request a segmented group.
- If an ad has one color and that color is the "black & white" color, then the Dummy and Redummy commands treat the ad as a non-color ad.
- The "Review undummied items" feature has moved from the toolbar to the Advertising menu to make room for the new "Reshape" button.
- In the "Modify Ad" menu that appears when the user presses the "More details" button in the Ad tab of the ILP info dialog, the user can now see and change the page request. Previously, the user could change the group or section request, but could not specify or change a page request.
- The ad list's "Request" column shows a correct range of pages when an ad requests pages in the middle of a scope, e.g. when an ad requests the middle 4 pages of a section.
- Suppose that an ad requests section J which is unused and has no pages. Section J appears in the ad list's "Request" column. Section J now also appears in the Ad tab's "Request" column to be consistent. If that ad was placed on a page (in a different section), the Ad tab will indicate a Section request conflict.
- Added Ad Demand and Extended Assignment to the page style modifier dialog.
- Unused page messages are periodically removed from the database.
- The "Dummy" command and CLP program no longer update page messages.
- When blocks that use block templates are renamed, the block's new ID appears in the ad list. From there, the block can be acted upon as usual.
- Addressed a concern in the Available Space Calculator. When an ad is assigned to a page but not placed on that page, that ad no longer counts toward the Ad area. What you see is what you get. If you see an ad on a page, that counts toward the Ad area. If you see free space on a page, that counts toward the News area.
- Initialized a Page Depth variable that is used in a "stackdiff.log" file when a product has pages with invalid ad stacks.
Send to Pagination
- Corrected <SpreadPage> values in CCI XML files. In one case, a double truck ad had ID 20506582, and a non-double-truck ad had ID 205065821. The IDs are nearly the same. That caused a page to be incorrectly marked as double truck in an XML file that Layout-8000 sent to CCI.
- When someone cancels the Email dialog, the Print dialog shows a status of "canceled email".