* Added support for "retail" pages. ClassPag will not place ads
on retail pages, but you can drag ads onto them manually.
The "Toolbar Button Preferences" screen of the product configuration has
a new field "Set retail page button" to enable a new tool bar button that
lets you turn the "retail" flag on and off on the current page.
The button is disabled by default.
The "Request Checking" screen of the product configuration has a new
field "Mark All Pages as Retail" to start new sessions with all pages
marked as retail.
* The control database has two new fields "Mark Pages Color" and
"Mark Pages Retail" that override the corresponding product configuration
fields "Mark All Pages As Color" and "Mark All Pages as Retail" if they
* The "View Ad Directories" browser now has three new commands:
"View Column Measures" which can be useful for checking ad sizes,
"Send file to SCS" which simplifies sending files to SCS support, and
"Start a shell" which can help look at a file in more detail.
* The "Send ad to SCS" command now compresses the ad so the file transfer
* rcpuniq.sh has new -gz and -bz2 options to compress files before
* rcpuniq.sh works better with file names that have special characters.
* Increased the length field of internal ads from 8 digits to 10 digits.
This increases the largest possible internal ad from 99 MB to several GB.
An agate ad this large indicates a workflow issue, but ClassPag will not
make an occasional large ad into a production issue.
If you regularly need to send large logos in internal ads, you should
consider enabling OPI in Composition by setting PS_OR_EPS=opi
in /u/comp/data/environ/CPAG_env .
* Fixed a problem where square-offs with many legal ads could have
empty space in the last columns.
* Fixed a problem in the form entry system where menu bar options
to go to fields and screens did not work.
* Fixed a problem in the work area initialization that could prevent
the "savead" and "lastad" databases from being rebuilt.
--- Screen captures ---
Page 2 of this session is a retail page. ClassPag did not place any line ads.
The new "Set retail page" tool bar button.
The button is disabled by default. Right-click on most tool bar buttons to open a window to configure the buttons.
The "Toolbar Button Preferences" screen of the product configuration has a new field to configure the "Set retail page" button.
The new product configuration field to mark all pages as retail.
The control record fields to mark all pages color and retail.
The directory browser has new options to "View Column Measures", "Send file to SCS", and "Start a shell".
ClassPag can now import internal line ads over 1 GB. Even a full page display ad should be under 100 MB. If you have line ads this large, you should review your work flow, but ClassPag can handle an occasional large line ad that slips through.
Example square-off with legal ads.
Example incremental search for a screen using Display -> Goto Screen Name