Ad Order Entry
- Increased the maximum size of some in-memory tables. For regional servers that have many papers/editions, the limit of 1000 groups over all of those papers/editions was too small.
- Layout-8000 detects the following misconfiguration. When the INTERFACE option is not properly exported in "intolayout.opts" file, Layout-8000 will report that problem in the "InToLay.log" file.
Design & Dummy area
- The user preference "Show ad zones" is more consistently applied. Previously this affected (1) the "Ad" information tab. It now also affects (2) the ad list's "Z" column and (3) the background color / tint of the ad.
- Added a global Layout setting to "Consistently place common ads on zoned pages". When this setting is checked and someone drags a common ad onto a zoned page, Layout-8000 will try to place that ad in the same position on that page in every zone.
- Corrected zoned page setup. The list of zoned pages reflects any and all rezoning done through a page's right-click menu. Changes to the list of zoned pages are more consistently applied with fewer assumptions about the previous state of zoned pages. The following error messages are avoided: (1) Could not create a page map record. (2) CLP failed to dummy ads.
- When someone clicks on a page's color wheel, Layout-8000 shows a colored border around the page to emphasize that the page has full color. A bug was fixed that caused the colored border to be redrawn late.
- After "Checking for New Ads" from the "Advertising" menu, custom fields are immediately updated in the ad list.
Send to Pagination - SCS XML interface
- Layout-8000 verifies that every SCS XML file that it exports is geometrically equivalent to an "outext.txt" file that it can also export. That verification step now recognizes that blocks may not have <ad> elements in the SCS XML file.
Send to Pagination - CCI XML interface
- The CCI XML interface now supports double truck ads that bleed.
- Edition names in CCI XML files have grown from 25 to 50 characters.
- Added an option named "Source Zoned Editorial Pages". When this option is checked and a zoned page has room for news, that page will then source the page in the first zone.
- The "XML Refinery" on the "Misc" tab may use the "EDNAME" and "PAPNAME" variables for the edition and paper names, respectively.
- Clarified page dimensions in the following areas to facilitate setup of magazines: (1) Design & Dummy > Parameters menu > Size & Measurement and (2) Page Types. Because Layout-8000 is aware or margins and bleed, the page "Width", "Height" and "Depth" fields in various forms were relabelled to be more clear which measurement is expected. Some fields are for the page's image area, trimmed page size or both.
- "Purge Ads" no longer reports "Invalid PaperID argument value".
- "Purge Ads" reports more information about ads with invalid dates in the ad's "Last Run Date" field. This helps track down problems with system interfaces and the front end / ad booking system.