Page dummies feature a new page style for zoned newspapers, better email support and improved support for workstations that lack wide screens.
Do you have a wide screen? If not, then we invite you to see what you're missing.
Ads can be purged for one paper. This helps regional production hubs manage one site without impacting other sites. The "Purge Ads" form became more user friendly which benefits everyone that administers Layout-8000.
Advertising system interfaces better handle custom fields, updates to new fields, zone changes and improper character encodings in XML.
These features and more are in Layout-8000 version 14.9.4.
Here are detailed notes covering changes since version 14.9.1 released on March 25.
- A section may be named "P".
- XML files that are not properly UTF-8 encoded and do not explicitly specify their character encoding can be re-encoded by Layout-8000 to meet industry standards. In the "intolayout.opts" file, set INPUT_ENCODING accordingly.
- Get Ads correctly handles new fields such as Instructions and Bleed that are not provided by the original "cardex.txt" interface.
- Custom fields are imported for double truck ads.
- Custom fields can be updated from SCS XML files.
- Ads that someone zones in the "Design & Dummy" area are better handled the next time that Layout-8000 checks for new or changed ads.
- Corrected ad height in TRANS.DAT files processed by the Interface tool.
Design & Dummy area
- An ad may be placed at an exact horizontal position.
Page Dummies (PGL)
- PGL has a new "Zones" page ordering style. It prints all pages in the 1st zone, followed by all pages in the 2nd zone, etc.
- Newshole prints by default. CCI Page IDs do not print by default.
- Email with multiple lines of text is better formatted.
- An "Unable to run PGLs" message popped up on a PC without a wide screen that ran Layout-8000 in wide screen mode. This message no longer appears.
Send to Pagination
- Corrected the width of double truck ads that bleed in the interface to Saxotech editorial systems.
- Corrected SpreadPage values in the XML interface to CCI editorial systems.
- Diagnostics in the program that creates an Edition Design File (EDF) file allow zones to have dashes (-) in their name.
- Ads can be purged for one specified paper.