- Miles 33 FutureProof systems provide XML files with a new <BusinessType> tag that Layout-8000 can import into its ad type field.
Design & Dummy area
- In a newspaper where every page is zoned, when the lowest numbered zone is disabled, Layout-8000 automatically updates its default zone. That prevents a few show-stopping errors later.
- The SHELL command checks menu security.
- When a user goes to the Ad tab and clicks on the "More details" button, the "Modify Ad Characteristics" form allows an ad to request a group, regardless of whether that group is used in the current product.
- When a user right-clicks on a page and chooses "Standby ads" from the menu, ads that fit in the page's open space are highlighted green.
- StandbyAdBoss is now a separate application. Layout-8000 and StandbyAdBoss communicate using MOAI. You will see no visible change on screen. The Layout-8000 user experience remains consistent.
- On a brand new Layout-8000 server, Database Ranges default data includes zone 1, COMMON.
- If someone forgets to "Enable X11 forwarding" in PuTTY, Layout-8000 no longer reports a "syntax error".