- SCS XML files permit a new <kill> element that kills an entire ad order; all runs of that ad.
At sites with XML trickle feeds, the "intolayout.opts" file has an ADS_HAVE_COMPLETE_RUN_SCHEDULE option. It assumes that every XML file has a complete run schedule for each ad. All other runs of that ad are killed. On a multi-site server, this option now avoids killing an ad in other sites' papers. This is necessary when each site has their own ad booking system that may reuse the same ad numbers. Miles 33's FutureProof system relies upon this behavior.
Design & Dummy
- When an ad's primary group request and alternate group request are the same, Layout-8000 now detects that case and handles it better during the auto-dummy process.
- Improved auto-dummy of ads that are either guaranteed or request a group.
- A user may take over a product that is locked by another user that they want to work on. This feature regressed in versions 15.9.2 to 15.9.6, and has been restored in this version.
JSON product templates
- When a zoned newspaper is created from a JSON template, three bugs have been fixed.
- Common blocks were not placed on common pages.
- A message popped up that "CLP failed to dummy ads."
- Corrected the database. In a test case, a newspaper used two zones, but the database's "product" table had ZoneCount set to 1. That has been corrected.
- When Spice toolkits are updated on a server that has a Mirroring configuration from 2014 or older, we handle old configuration options better, so that the mkprime script can successfully take over a shared IP address.