Groups received much attention. If you dummy ads by group, you will absolutely love these enhancements. They may save you a significant amount of time.
- Adjust a group by right-clicking on the group bar.
- Add a page to a group by right-clicking on that page.
- Ads can be color-coded by their requested group.
- Layout-8000 better visualizes locked pages and ads.
- An ADD Light report helps you plan group sizes.
Export Procedures were also enhanced. Do you find yourself generating the same reports for every publication? Ignoring export options that only make sense for other sites in your newspaper group? If you answered yes, then this version of Layout-8000 will benefit you.
Read on for more information about these and other improvements!
- Fixed a bug that prevented Layout-8000 from importing <instructions> from an SCS XML file.
Design & Dummy area
- Groups can be adjusted by right-clicking on the group bar above pages.
- Groups can also be adjusted by right-clicking on a page. In the menu that pops up, choose the "Groups" entry. That allows you to choose which groups that page is a member of.
- The Page menu has a new entry, "Group containment". Invoking this entry presents the user with a list of group segments. The list displays other groups that contain that segment, and, if both ends of the segment are relative to the same group, it shows that group. From this list, the user can choose a segment that is contained in one or more groups and change it to be relative to one of those groups.
- Ads may be color-coded by group. On the toolbar next to the "Show ad conflicts" button, there is a new button named "Show ad groups". Colors are based on each ad's primary group request.
- When the inner scope is changed to a section or group, Layout-8000 automatically assigns any green items in the ad list to that scope. A green item is an item that should be placed in the current inner scope.
- Layout-8000 creates a save point whenever someone clicks on the toolbar's "Dummy" button.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from changing a page's leading from that page's right-click menu.
- Position-locked ads can be visualized with a diagonal lines and/or a different color.
- Locked pages can use similar visual cues.
SCS XML interface
- When a page has an invalid ad stack, Layout-8000 produced an invalid "l8kout.xml" file. To partially address this issue, SCS made the XML interface more robust. While the ad stack remains invalid, Layout-8000 detects and handles that problem better. It generates an XML file that complies with SCS's XML schema but still contains an invalid ad stack.
Send to Pagination
- In XML files that Layout-8000 exports to CCI editorial systems, the <Section> list was sorted in alpha order. The section list is now in the same order that sections appear in the Layout-8000 product.
- Fixed a bug that caused unplaced ads to appear in CCI XML files even when "Send to Pagination" is configured to remove unplaced ads.
- Layout-8000 provides a way for users to specify which products use an export procedure. When a user decides to run an export procedure, only those procedures that are specified as used by that product appear in the list of procedures that the user can choose from.
Note that this is different from the association of products and procedures that already exists in Layout. That association was for specifying which procedure is the suggested export procedure for a product. It affects only which procedure shows initially as the suggested procedure. If the user wants a different procedure, a list of procedures that he can choose appears. That list used to include all procedures; now it includes only those procedures that are specified as used by the product.
- Reports could be printed or emailed. Reports may now also be exported to a file.
- The "Copy range" feature once again works.
- Groups may have an optional color. This color appears in the Design & Dummy area when a user clicks on the toolbar's "Show ad groups" button.
Screen Shots and Handouts:
Please sign in to leave a comment.